Sunday, January 11, 2009

A New Truck for Daniel



This little guy makes me sad. I don't like how his little head is tucked under. :o( My mission is a smile. I hope to get that sooner than later. His truck is tireless,too....not that a boy really NEEDS a truck with a tire but I'm sure it drives much better.


Jeff and I were in SA on Saturday. After we got our paperwork from the social worker, she was in town and had our file, we stopped in to check out the Goodwill on De Zavala.


I had been thinking of lots of toys I wanted to get for the boys this past week and came up with a wee list. One in my mind, that I hadn't shared with anyone but God. We both saw the Goodwill, and thought, "Hey we're here. Let's stop in."

We walked in and I have to say, this was the nicest Goodwill I've ever been in. I mean, it's still Goodwill. Don't picture Neiman's...but the selection was better than Seguin.
I found a small toy shelf and on it was that LIKE NEW Little Tikes Dump Truck. $1.99. !!! Thanks God! What ever child had that truck either didn't use it much or had so many other things he couldn't use it. It looked like it was straight out of the box. I had hoped to find him a dump truck! :o) I also wanted some wooden blocks to put in the truck for dumping/building purposes. We found an old Jenga game, $1.99. See that plane? I wanted a plane so badly, so we could 'roll play' once home our adventure to America, Mommy, Daddy, brothers, ... family. The plane is Playmobil. We had just looked at a Playmobil plane online not 2 days before, $50. This plane with pilot and co-pilot all in great condition, $1.99. I snatched it up. I wanted something more 'educational' and we found a Tangoes,jr. It's a Tangram game. Like new, people! $3.99. The pieces are magnetic so they won't slide off. We also found some play clothes in excellent condition for $.99 a piece...shorts and collared shirst and T's....A Children's Place, Arizona, Parisien Kids. They did not smell bad! They smelled like fabric softener. $20 bought them quite a bit of stuff. Thanks God. Now they have some play clothes and toys. :o)
And Daniel has a new truck...

3 comments:

  1. I just know that boy is going to smile from ear to ear for you, before you even make it home with him. The love of a mommy and daddy will do that to an orphan. One day the Lord will replace all those sad looks, with joyful ones that light up not only your heart, but the whole room. Ooh, I can't wait to squeeze him. I can't wait until my sweet brown babies get to be reunited with their friends. Ooh, I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special story! You got lots of good finds; I'm a fan of Goodwill. :) I'm sure they will LOVE those toys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good to answer prayers for the small things! Remind me to tell you how he gave me ice cream.

    ReplyDelete