Friday, January 23, 2009

Good News + 2 Prayer Requests

I spoke with Mandy today. One of the new missionaries that has gone over to Welcome Home will be teaching Daniel (and Jeremiah, I think) sign language! She knows ASL and will be teaching him the basics. :o) That means once we're over there, the missionary can let me know what she's taught him and we'll be able to talk easily. Once home, we can pursue hearing aids. Yay!

Jeff called the lawyer about 5 minutes ago, and I have updates! All adoption records are sealed. The request to unseal my records is on the judge's desk. The lawyer's secretary has a pop up reminder on her computer to call every 2 hours to check to see if it has been unsealed. Once it is unsealed, they will send a courrier over to retrieve the documents. The changes have already been made on another form which can immediately go back into the unsealed file and back to the Judge. At that point, he can either decide to make the corrections without a hearing OR have another hearing. Since I was an adult when I was adopted, the attorney thinks it will be no problem for the judge to sign off on the changes. Once they're signed off, I believe I can get the file and take it to Vital Statistics in Austin myself.

**PLEASE PRAY this will all happen speedily.**

God CAN make a way for this to occur lickety-split. ;o) I know these things.

I know all things are working on His time table and not mine. His ways are higher than mine. His thoughts are higher than mine. He knows absolute best. Period.

Our refinance is coming along nicely. Our home was appraised at a much higher value than we had expected! That means we will have enough funds to renovate the house and get our 3rd bedroom, shed, fence, etc. easily. Our house payment will stay about the same, YAY! We had hoped for lower, but we're happy with the same payment with more living space.

All that's left for us to do: get insurance worked out, and classes. We've been stalling on those two things until my certificate gets ironed out.

PRAYER REQUEST #2: There is a new judge. He is very gruff. He has been approving the adoptions but is very diligent in going over every last bit of paperwork, and grilling the applicants (that'd be us) in the court room. Mandy says he's very good at his job, upholds the law, etc. but is like a tom who marks his territory with his stamp of approval. We will also have two court dates instead of one. He chooses to see the children independently of each other. That requires extra trips to "K city". Pray that we will have favor in the eyes of the judge, for kindness, meekness, and respectful actions on our part. I have a feeling that we will be tested with many frustrations while there. My hope is that Jeff and I will treat all we meet with Christ-like kindness, love, grace, integrity. I do not want us harboring bitterness or sarcasmn in our hearts because it will show on our face and in our tone of voice. I want a genuine love for the people and honor for all the gov't workers to flow freely from each of us while we are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment