Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Glitch updated

We've had our first glitch. I'm sure there will be more throughout this process, and it will probably be frustrating for me. I am trying to remain calm and still before God knowing full well He is who He says He is.

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

I've been thinking this morning, that the above verse is probably better suited to this whole process than the one I put in the banner above. 1 Thess 5:24 is not in context up there. That verse is talking about when the Lord calls you, He is faithful to sanctify you. He will do it. I am here to say. He's doing it. He's sanctifying me this very moment. How you ask? Let me tell you.

My birth certificate that was issued after my adoption is wrong. ARRrrRRrrrRg. There's nothing for me to do except get it fixed which requires a trip to Houston and a trip to Austin. This process could go quickly or not. The State could see their error and fix it or require a legal name change...in which case my maiden name would be the same as my married name which means I would not have the same last name as my Dad who adopted me. See how this is crazy?

In reading over the adoption decree last night, (and I am totally confused at this point) it may have been recorded incorrectly as well. If that's the case, I don't know what happens! Am I readopted? Or does the lawyer just amend the paperwork? I just don't know.

UPDATE**

It is in fact my adoption decree. How it all reads on all the documents is my married name is my adopted last name. Which obviously incorrect, as one cannot be married when they're a child. SO! We wait. The Lawyer is looking into it. He says the fixing process is not a big deal. However, I have no clue how long it will take. I've asked if there's a way to expedite the process. I also have no clue how this much will cost. But it really doesn't matter the cost, it really must be done. All my records need to match for more than the adoption. It's a good thing this was found now and not later!!!

Today, I'm headed back to our courthouse to show the clerk all I have and see what she can make of it.

Please pray that this whole mess can be straightened out simply and quickly...while I remain still in the confidence that He is God. He is my GOD, whom I serve. He will work on my behalf in a way that best glorifies Him.

J and D,

"Be still and know that I Am God." Psalm 46:10 God is in total control. Daddy and Mommy have faith in that very fact!

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty frustrating. I'm sorry. Thanks for the update!

    2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

    ReplyDelete