Monday, January 5, 2009

Disappointment

On Saturday, I emailed the orphanage director with a prayer request. I asked her to pray about taking Josh and Caleb with us to Uganda. Everyone stateside says, "Take them!" We say, "We want to!" However, when I asked her to pray about us taking them, I also asked the Lord to guide us with her answer. Not only did she pray, but her husband, and several board members. They all said, "No". She gave some reasons. I am sure I could cause a stink and force my way. However, I did ask the Lord to guide us through her answer. So now I must trust the Lord that He did indeed guide us for the best. I am very disappointed. They both want to go so badly. I think it would be wonderful for them. But God thinks differently and I must, beyond a shadow of doubt trust He is for our good and not evil. He is. He is for our good.

Jeremiah and Daniel,

Please know your brothers wanted to come to Uganda to meet you. They wanted to see where you have lived for the first 4 years of your life, to see your homeland, culture---although I don't think they realize what that means exactly. :o) It was a way for them to get to know you better and to understand from where you come. They are very excited for you to come home.

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet attitude for such a disappointment.

    we love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for you all!
    Your humble and faithful response will surely yeild great blessings for your family. Now you have a big job to capture as much as you can in pictures and video for all four of your boys to learn from!
    A

    ReplyDelete