Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Photos...YAY!

So, the girl that we thought we'd be traveling with arrived in Uganda on friday morning. After a 5...F I V E...hour journey by van they group arrived in Jinja. She met her boys for the first time!


Before she left, she told me that she'd be sure to take pics of our boys. ;o) I received 2 this a.m. She says she has lots more, but hasn't had time to download just yet.





Jeremiah



Would you look at that SMILE!?!?! Mandy told me that when he arrived at the orphanage as a baby, he was very sullen and withdrawn. It doesn't look like that now, does it?


Also, notice the little lily-like flowers in his hair. The boy likes flowers. ;o) Mandy also told us this and said...and I quote..."He's not a f*ggy boy." She told us the story of when she took over the home several years ago, that she really didn't know what to expect from the children. When she went to check things out in Uganda, she arrived to all these de-headed lilies. The workers thought she'd be angry because the children destroyed the plants. Her response? "Oh thank God, they're normal!" They found beauty in a sad situation...


In our family book, I dedicated two whole pages to some of the flower pots, and beds I have here at the house just for Jeremiah. ;o) I told him we'd go to the store and everyone could pick a flower and we would put them in their own pots. :o)


Daniel

He had a bo-bo on his nose. ;o) He's one little guy, isn't he? Mandy says that he has more clear words than he did her last visit (which I think was Oct. 08). I am so excited about that. I cannot wait to see these guys.

I'm sure we'll be getting some of Alan as well. Internet is patchy over there, so I feel like these pics are a huge blessing. :o)

I'm starting to think that maybe I will take my laptop. She bought a simcard for guests to use on their computer. She is doing this in the evening and I think that might be a good time for me to update as well. We'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment