Saturday, March 21, 2009

ready


This huge stack of paper represents about 3 months of my life. It didn't need to take that long to gather. However, it did. Now it is ready to fly out of my house as soon as our 3rd homestudy arrives. It will come sometime on Monday. Depending on the time it arrives, our file will either go out Monday or Tuesday overnighted to California.
Mandy leaves on the 30th. She wants to carry it over to Uganda. Which is much safer than DHL.
Yesterday, when I discovered that our HS was incorrectly notarzied I sat down on the floor and cried. I could not believe it. It has taken nearly 3 months just to get our homestudy correct. Part of that was due to my birth certificate fiasco, but the other was just 'operator errror'.
Jeff called the social worker. I couldn't do it. I was beyond frustrated. While he talked to her, I went to the grocery and purchased paper plates. I did. I couldn't handle another thing. I just wanted my lunch on a plate I could toss in the trash. *sigh*
When I got home Joshua saw the plates. He said, "Oh. Thank God, paper plates."
;o)
I responded, "Exactly." That boy knows a thing or two. :o) We must be raising him right.
So here's what I know:
Yes, God is Sovereign
Yes, His timing is perfect.
Yes, He is teaching me patience.
Yes, I am a sinner.
Yes, I want it done NOW, forget this patience thing.
Yes, I am a sinner.
And my favorite two words in all the Bible..."But God". Take a sec and look up those words in a concordance and see what you find.

2 comments:

  1. "But God made the earth by his power;
    he founded the world by his wisdom
    and stretched out the heavens by his understanding."

    He made the earth by His power...if He can do that, He can do anything...I'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your frustration, Laura:( I do like those two words, But God. So good.

    WOW, what a stack of papers! And to think you wanted to add more paper (plates) to the mix;) I like paper plates, too. Totally worth the $.

    ReplyDelete