Thursday, March 26, 2009

Projected Dates


When talking with our director, she gave us some projected dates. Assuming, of course, all runs smoothly.
Depart: Wednesday, May 20
Arrive: Friday, May 22
Hang tight in Uganda for up to, but hopefully not more than, 5 weeks.
Depart for home: Friday, June 19
Arrive: June 21 or 22 depending on time of flight from London.
*****
There are times I think to myself, "Eek gads, woman! You're going to have 5 boys under one roof! 6 counting Jeff! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?!"
Thankfully, I purchased Managers of Their Homes. ;o) Seriously, I did. I am going to make some form of a schedule to keep us all reasonably on track.
Thankfully, we bought a picnic table. I'm thinkin' breakfast and lunch OUTSIDE, people.
Thankfully, my hubby will be building a fun fort soon and we'll hang a swing from a tree.
Thankfully, my parents bought a house in our town so I can have a date with my husband at least once a month. I going to miss our 'go whenever we want' dates. We'll have to be more proactive.
Thankfully, I have a big God who will lead me every step of the way. Life will slide into place. I think the first 6 months will be our huge time of adjustment.
Thankfully, Habakkuk reminds me that, "For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end--it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."
Hab 2:3

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE managers of their homes...not that I have been successful in implementing it...but in theory I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an adventure you're about to embark on!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to Google Manager of Their Homes right after this, but I wanted to tell you that I have shivers seeing those pictures of Alan and his new brothers. This is all preordained, look how he is so excited to be with the other boys. See you in Uganda! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete