Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kori wins!

She guessed first, and got it right. We welcome our 5th son, Alan, into the Dodson fold.



He'll be 5 in July. We are so excited, a bit nervous, abundantly blessed.

*****

Update.

Why we decided to add Alan to our family...the short story. When our homestudy came through, and we were approved for 3, I called our director to let her know. Her first response was, "Oh don't worry, you can still just have the two. Unless...you were thinking otherwise?"

Ha ha. Yes. I was secretly thinking otherwise.

I asked, "Is there another child?" She told me of Alan, who recently had a bit of a hurtful experience. She conveyed the story and my heart melted. But what about Jeff. What about the boys?

So I approached Jeff cautiously. He was open. We continued to talk and pray tons.

What about J and C? Well, little did I know, they overheard the entire conversation with the director. Over the next week, Alan was center stage. They had so many good questions. They were very concerned for him. And. They continued to say, "Too bad we can't adopt him, too." Or, my personal favorite from Caleb, "Mom, if God can provide for us to adopt two boys, do you think he could provide for us to adopt three?" Good Lord. "What do you think, Caleb?" "Yes. God can do it. He made the world. He can do it."

And yes, I cried. (and am doing so now.)

Alan tipped the scales to joy overflowing in Joshua. That was huge. Joshua was always excited, but I think very nervous about the whole adoption and how it would change our family. But when he heard about Alan, those feelings subsided.

When we asked them what they thought (after about a week of prayer on our part), Joshua responded, "Well. I think I would really like him to be in our family."

Caleb said, "If Alan could be my brother, my heart would burst."

:o)

So we called the director, and told her the news. "It's unanimous. We want Alan!" Her sweet response, "Thank you Jesus. You've made my day."

Sooooo, I am now Mom to 5 boys. I am still a bit nervous about handling all this energy, but I think in time we'll find our groove and settle in nicely.

Yay God!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I'm absolutely amazed. HOW WONDERFUL. I love reading about the boys' reactions. More goosebumps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am crying here, people!! good grief! (hey, that's where that expression comes from)

    I can't wait to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome response from your boys about their new BROTHERS! What an exciting time in your lives. I remember how it felt the day we brought home my first little brother - adopted - he was just 21 months old. Six months later, we adopted the next at just 14 months. Our lives were forever changed, too. =0)

    Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FINALLY....seriously you know I was about to burst with this secret...I mean come on...I want to shout to the world that my friend is ABUNDANTLY blessed with FIVE sons!!!!!!! Oh, I can't wait to see these guys...OK so I got distracted and read your timeline...IMMIGRATION CALLED YOU??????? That is good news...that means this shabang is going to go FAST...seriously...you have a better chance of talking to that president of ours than talking to someone at USCIS...I'm not kidding....WOOOHOOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, you just couldn't stand me beating you, so you have to barge in here and say, well, I didn't lose, I just couldn't guess, since I already knew.....

    That's OK, I'm not letting you spoil my victory!!! :-) By the way, Laura, what exactly do I win?! I've never won a blog contest before!!!! I'd like to thank my.....

    Seriously, Laura, I'm beyond excited for you guys! Your house is gonna be sooooo very different, and for the good!! Toddlers/Preschoolers bring fun to everything!!!

    ReplyDelete