Monday, December 29, 2008

God's Faithfulness

I don't think I really understand how to be faithful. I can succeed to the best of my human abilities to be faithful, but I don't think I really 'get' true faithfulness. This I know.

God gets faithfulness. He's perfectly faithful, 100% of the time. He always has been and always will be and is right this moment, faithful...to ME.

That verse up there, in a lovely shade of azure, "He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it" is true. It is a sure thing. There are no maybe's or if's or then's...it just IS.

Today, I had another example of God's faithfulness regarding the adoption of two wee boys HE has CALLED us to. Wanna hear it?

The husband of a friend (who is also pursuing adoption but has not made it public just yet) called our social worker and somehow had the price of the homestudy lowered by $200. $200!!! That is the Lord at work people! :o) Isn't that the coolest?! I sure think so.

I've decided to keep record of all the cool things God does for us through this adoption. I think I'll make it a sidebar item. K? So it can be found quickly. There are already two others and a few in the works. The rules I am following, thought, are "Cool Things He Has Done"...not about to do. Just so I can keep track easily. K? We good? Good.

Jeremiah and Daniel,

Someday you'll read this journal and I hope you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that GOD placed YOU right here in the middle of our hearts and home so that you would have a family. A family that loves you very much. God chose it and made it happen because He loves you both that much.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing of God's faithfulness. It blesses my heart. May the Lord continue to provide for you in many ways:)

    ReplyDelete