Friday, December 12, 2008

Follow the Leader

About two+ weeks ago, our family embarked on a journey. An adoption journey. This is all still very new to me. The paper work is overwhelming...which I was told it would be, however, I had no idea. I am so busy trying to get all the documentation together + educate my boys + get them to their afterschool practices that I am a bit overwhelmed.

However, God is so good. He has given me a husband who is so strong and confident. He keeps me going when I feel like I'm going under.

We have already spoken with our social worker and the director of the orphanage. I really like both these women so much. They have allayed my fears, speak God's truth, and have the best interest of the children at heart.

The scoop.

We have committed to two boys from Africa. Jeremiah (4) and Daniel (3). They're a sibling group which means they're not biological brothers but have been trained to be brothers. They were both abandoned around the same time about two years ago. The little guys paired up and have been buddies ever since. Now, Lord willing, they'll be forever brothers and have a forever Daddy, Mummy, and 2 more brothers.

Daniel is hearing impaired. The hearing on his left side is minimal and his right has about 50% hearing. He will need a hearing aide once he arrives. Not only are we trusting the Lord for His provision for all the financial fees an adoption incurs but also for their medical expenses. We have insurance for them, but I know that Daniel will need some extensive care once he reaches US soil. We've been told to go on and teach him sign language while he can still hear (really, in case his hearing gets worse or lost altogether). Thankfully, I know it. :o) Rusty, but able. I'll have to brush up...actually, we'll learn together.

Jeremiah is a cutie. His smile is infectious. The director said his smile has finally travelled up to his eyes. :o)

Is this really going to happen?

Is the Lord really going to provide?

Will we really have children by June?

Will we be a happy family...all 6 of us?

Will I be a good adoptive mom?

Will the boys be ok while we're in Africa?

Questions, upon questions roll around in my head all day...despite these, I've begun the process of purchasing tiny goodies for the boys. Time will tell. You'll be my witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment